Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Deep Blue Something

Every so often I'll find myself in a color coma.  Everywhere I turn, there it is.  While "honeysuckle" may be considered the color of 2011, all I'm seeing is blue.  Not just any blue, though.  Yes, it's equally striking as the bright, girly pink hue Pantone crowned but just a little, well, cooler...that's color-speak too so go ahead and embrace that pun.  Electric, royal, lapis...I haven't managed to settle on an overall label for it, but trust me, you'll know when you see it.  It's rich and vibrant and about as happy-go-lucky as the one hit made famous by the band/title of this post.  I've already managed to create quite a collection of blue-centric accessories with my eye on a few more.  And apparently, the fashion world agrees, offering everything from Celine to Zara, trousers to clutches in this striking cerulean.  Sometimes it's ok to have a blue period, just ask Picasso.














zara











bulgari by matthew williamson




design crush via ffffound




taylor tomasi hill via because i'm addicted




"cosmic" eyeliner via topshop




poppy delevigne via vogue.co.uk



ADR via streetfsn




"mesmerize"








fillipo minelli via honestly...wtf










No comments: