Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How The Day Sounds

Ok so it's no secret that I kind of like this band called The National.  If by "kind of like" translates to what some would call an obsession then...that's probably closer to the truth.  I've accepted this and am learning to live with it everyday.  I hope my loved ones understand.  

Now I don't want this blog to become a tribute to The National but considering they are in town, I figured it would be acceptable to give them one more write up.  While they are currently touring with their latest release, High Violet, the band is also detouring into soundtrack territory.  First came movies, now comes games.  These side projects may seem random, but it is giving the band an opportunity to feature some different sounds that don't necessarily fit on albums.  While I've never heard of something called Portal 2, I'm assuming it's popular enough to warrant a sequel and a good way to get some new fans.  

In short, listen to The National.  Obama likes them.  Roger Sterling likes them.  Buy their stuff.  See them tonight at the Riverside.  I now promise to retire this band from my daily soundtracks and feature different music. 

The National - Exile Vilify by weallwantsome1

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

I'm personally a big fan of imaginaryplayground blog. Thanks for sharing this post.